BEST VLOGGING CAMERAS FOR BEGINNERS: THE FIRST STEP TO BECOME A YOUTUBER!
Anyone with a video blog is likely to want to consider which camera to shoot videos with at some point or another. The perfect choice for the best vlogging equipment will usually depend on price and features. Before choosing the best camera for your video blogs, read this post!
Features that a good camera should have to make a vlog or YouTube video
There are many YouTube vlogging cameras on the market. You can choose to use a cell phone with a professional camera to record your vlog. But, how to choose the right camera for vlogging? What elements make a camera a good vlog camera?.
Well, we have illustrated the following 5 aspects you should pay attention to when choosing a vlogging camera for your YouTube videos😉
It’s recommended to choose a camera that has Full HD recording capabilities or has at least a 1080p range so that your vlog will look professional. But if your vlog channel focuses on beauty and style, food, photography, or traveling, then you’d better look for 4K or “Ultra HD” cameras to have a good quality in your videos.
Low light performance
Most vloggers shoot videos indoors where the light isn’t perfect and without professional lighting equipment. And it isn’t always sunny when taking videos outdoors, so it’s important to take into account the importance of light and to have the correct equipment.
Optical Image Stabilization
When you’re shooting you’re likely to move around a lot with your camera. So you need a camera that supports Optical Image Stabilization!
If viewers can’t hear you well, then they won’t spend much time watching your videos either. So try to choose a camera that offers good quality audio recording.
It makes your camera more manageable while getting great video quality!
The 15 Best Cameras for Vlogging
Types of Cameras for “Selfie” Inspired Video Bloggers
There’s no harm in using your cell phone and iPods to record vlogging. Today’s smartphones, iPods, and similar devices can help you capture amazing videos and compete with most traditional cameras in terms of performance, and it’s all easier! 😉
Huawei P20 Pro
- 6-inch AMOLED display.
- 40MP main sensor, a 20MP black and white and an 8MP 3x zoom camera on the back and a 24MP front camera.
- Excellent battery life (4000mAh).
- Perfect for taking photos and videos.
- Ultra-flexible camera.
- Excellent battery life.
- No option for a 4K video recording.
- No wireless charging.
There’s no denying that Huawei generally provides high-quality products at a reasonable price. It’s the latest P20 Pro that can be considered the best camera phone in the Android market, even in the entire smartphone market. 40MP rear camera with 3x optical zoom and 24MP front camera, large 4000mAh battery, 6.1-inch AMOLED display, around $999, if you are serious about photo/video quality, Huawei P20 Pro should be one of your best choices!
Google Pixel 2
- 5-inch display with 1080p.
- Supports 128GB and 64GB storage.
- 9MP and 12MP cameras.
- Comes with Pixel Launcher.
- Rated as the best version of Android.
- One-handed use enabled.
- Awesome camera with super-fast clicks.
- The back panel of this device is prone to scratches.
- The price range is high enough.
The best thing you can know about Google Pixel 2 is that its 4K recording capability runs at a frame rate of 30 fps and 9 megapixels for selfies. You’ll get beautiful color exposure with every click and the saturation is fine!
Professionals can perfect the combination of size, portability, and video as well as still quality. Google Pixel comes with the pre-installed Google Assistant and Pixel Launcher service.
- Added 256GB storage option.
- 5.8-inch display.
- Wide 12MP shooting angle.
- Impressive performance.
- Advanced dual camera setup.
- Waterproof housing for recording videos underwater.
- Expensive device.
The iPhone X is well known for camera upgrades like dual 12MP cameras, 2x optical zoom, and a high-resolution camera that makes the image quality impressive. The rich color display along with the full-featured module makes it the best choice to meet vlogging needs. And now the battery lasts much longer than previous versions!
Cameras for video bloggers on a budget!
You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars or euros to get a decent camera that does a good job. Several options cost less than $200 and do the job quite well 😉 .
Canon Powershot ELPH 350 HS.
- Comes with an optical image stabilization feature.
- Wi-Fi enabled.
- Supports 1080p recording capabilities.
- Front microphones.
- The lightest camera unit available on the market is only 147 grams.
- Low price.
- Needs some improvement on low light performance.
- Battery life isn’t that good.
- Autofocus and pull-down screen issues aren’t included.
The ELPH 350 HS is rated as one of the cheapest camera units for bloggers, but you have to make some sacrifices for the low light performance. Professionals rate it as one of the best quality because it helps record the audio signal. Also, your image won’t weaken even if you are recording in difficult locations.
Canon S120 Digital Video Camera
- Sharp lens and large image sensor.
- Wi-Fi enabled.
- Basic data support was added.
- 1080p video recording capability at 60 fps.
- Easy sharing of compatible files.
- Easy control over settings.
- Zoom will reduce the aperture.
- Expensive option.
- Lack of EVF option.
The Canon S120 provides faster performance with 1080p recording capabilities at 60 fps, while still images can be captured at 12MP. Users will be able to easily access settings for ISO setting, white balance, self-timer, drive mode, and metering pattern.
Yi 4K Action Camera
- Added electronic image stabilization function.
- 4K video and 12Mp photos.
- Built-in Wifi and Bluetooth.
- The touch screen on the back.
- Great battery life that can serve up to 120 minutes with 4k recording.
- Low price, best for beginners.
- The camera app makes editing easy.
- Lack of aperture control.
- ISO setting limit.
Here is an amazing budget-friendly 4K camera unit for vloggers with so many wonderful features. Shooting modes can be easily switched between 4k, 1080p, and 720p with frame rates of 30, 120, and 240 fps respectively.
Cameras for Sensible Video Bloggers
If you’re more into easy-to-use, compact, and easy-to-carry vlogging cameras, this might be the perfect section to review!
Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
- 2.7-inch full-color display.
- 160-degree wide focus provided by auxiliary angle lens.
- Built-in type speaker and removable XY stereo microphone option.
- Digital zoom and self-timer options are quite good.
- Exceptional video/audio quality.
- Supports separate audio and video tracks for better results.
- Lacks 4K recording capabilities.
- The poor light performance will disappoint you.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is not built-in.
When talking about a high-performance camera for video bloggers, the Zoom Q8 always remains on a higher level due to its HD recording capabilities. It has two condenser-type microphones that can capture audio with much better quality.
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
- Comes with 1080p recording capabilities at a frame rate of 30 fps.
- Capable of even 24.2MP, can also switch to 18MP mode.
- Touch screen and foldable screen.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is available.
- Video shooting mode results in a great performance.
- Records panoramic angles.
- Low performance still requires some improvement.
- Lack of 4K capability.
- Low battery life.
This is an awesome choice for YouTube channel updates because it can manage your video collection impressively with video capture mode. It’s designed with cross focus points to make autofocus much faster and more accurate.
Canon Powershot G7 X Mark II.
- 20.1 MP still images supported.
- Swivel and touch screen added.
- Fast f/1.8 rated lens.
- You’ll find noise reduction at high ISO settings.
- Basic 14-bit file support.
- Good battery life.
- The external microphone port isn’t available.
Supports 1080p recording capability with frame rate switching options ranging from 60, 30, and 24 fps. Bloggers love this camera because of its small size and lightweight as it’s easier to carry around. Some of the popular YouTubers like Faze rain and Cutie Pie use this camera and are recommended for impressive vlogging results.
Cameras for Passionate Video Bloggers
If you are passionate about vlogging and your video blogging is much more than a hobby or passing interest, you may want to consider using a more permanent camera to meet your video blogging needs.
- 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor.
- Motion S & Q are accessible with full HD mode.
- BIONZ X image processor.
- 4D focus enabled 425 points of phase detection.
- 10 customizable buttons.
- Fast autofocus.
- Easy to use.
- Impressive image quality that can reach up to 25600 ISO levels.
- Compact size.
- The touch screen is not very interactive.
- Requires a joystick for better point selection.
It’s one of the most recommended digital camera units for bloggers who can capture stunning snapshots with its 24.2MP capability. Videos can be captured at a 4K resolution level and it provides great image stabilization. You’ll love its autofocus function and handy design that makes it suitable for recordings in difficult locations.
- Supports 4K, UHD 4k, and 2.7K level recording.
- Memory capacity increases to 64GB, prefer to buy class 10.
- Supports two-channel audio outputs.
- Easier to operate.
- It has a stabilizer with a built-in camera.
- Provides interchangeable gimbal and camera.
- Low light performance is not so good.
- The second battery cannot be stored inside the case.
- Limited battery life.
Osmo provides excellent image quality even in low light conditions. Users can operate this camera even with the advanced DJI GO mobile app. Users can easily switch between slow motion and auto video recording modes, where the maximum support for video bit rate goes up to 60Mbps. You’ll love its 3-axis stabilizer and added UV filter function.
Canon Vixia Mini X
- The Canon Vixia Mini X supports 1080p resolution at a frame rate of 30 fps.
- Photos can be captured at 12.8MP.
- Wi-Fi, folding screen and touch screen are available.
- Maximum aperture support goes up to 2.8.
- Recommended for sports or outdoors, concerts, and small spaces.
- Small and lightweight unit.
- Fisheye lens provides excellent results for action vlogging.
- Doesn’t have a manual mode, so you cannot make adjustments for shutter speed or aperture, etc.
- Distortion is seen with fisheye recording.
If you love vlogging, then Canon Vixia can give you plenty of opportunities to develop impressive videos. The microphone input makes recording audio signals much easier and with Wi-Fi connectivity, you can easily share your files on the Internet.
Panasonic Lumix GH4
- Shoot videos 4K.
- Time-lapse and slow-motion modes are available.
- Slow-motion and time-lapse modes make recording much easier.
- The battery life is really impressive as it can continuously run up to 4 more hours.
- It never has any restriction on the duration of video recording.
- 4k videos can be recorded in time-lapse mode.
- Not designed for landscape photography needs.
- Low light performance is not so good.
It will be a great choice for your professional vlogging video needs and if you want to fill your YouTube channel with an impressive collection. The video quality is good and the tripod recording becomes much easier with its handy design.
Cameras for Professional Vloggers
If you’re a pro at what you do and need equipment to maintain your existing image and market value, you need the best video cameras available. And as you know, there’s no better than DSLRs in the camera world.
Canon EOS 80D
- Dual pixel autofocus function added.
- Wi-Fi and NFC function available.
- Supports Full HD recording with 60 fps frame rate.
- Rugged body with sealed design.
- The menu system is very interactive.
- Better low light performance.
- 100% viewfinder coverage can be obtained.
- The battery will serve you longer.
- Expensive compared to the competition.
- Lacks 4K recording capability.
This interactive and well-designed model from Canon can meet the needs of professional vloggers. Its faster processor serves to improve focus points and a 100% viewfinder will help you with wonderful results.
Sony a7R II
- Advanced 5-axis image stabilization function added.
- Improved autofocus with classic sensors.
- Wi-Fi and NFC were added.
- Small size full-frame camera unit.
- 4K video recording facility available.
- Canon lenses can be used lossless but need an adapter.
- Battery life fails.
If vlogging is your hobby and also your profession, then the Sony a7R II is a camera specially designed for your needs. Its 4K recording capabilities lead to exceptional performance with high ISO ease. Professionals rate its autofocus best for an action camera and the body is designed with a 5-axis image stabilization function.
- Supports 4k recording.
- Adjustable ND filter.
- A larger grip was added for easy handling.
- Dual card slots.
- Incredible results for daytime recording.
- Easy to handle.
- Poor light performance may let you down.
Vloggers need outstanding quality for video recording and the Sony PXW-X70 is dedicated to meeting those needs. It serves with 4K recording capabilities and has a Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T lens for developing extraordinary videos. Professionals recommend it for traveling vloggers.
Do you know a specific camera that should be on this list? Let us know!